Sunday, June 17, 2012

Settling in quickly

After a few days Maddie began rapidly acclimatizing to Anarchy Acres.  As of today she has been here 7 days.  I still can't saddle her up due to her wound, but we have both been riding bareback.  In addition, I have pushed her hard from the ground to get over the flies and the new environment.  Overall, she has responded incredibly.  She is a sweetheart in the stall and stands well in the barn aisle.  I have trimmed her feet and every night I scrub out her wound with iodine.  I trained her to pick me up off the fence and have ridden a few times without the bridle.


A few times we have let Maddie and Sebastian up front where the grass is taller.
On Friday we hosted a cookout with friends and everyone made friends with Sebastian and Maddie.  Maria also hopped on Maddie briefly and did a mustang demonstration.  I'm really pleased that they both handled these strange people so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment